Tuesday 19 December 2017

Self reflection: find your own anchor


A friend of mine asked me to share my story of my kinda get-rid-of-phone days. So here is my story: I started my my kinda no-phone-day on December 10th till December 13th. I needed to clear my mind  after everything that happened to me. Yep 4 days without wifi, internet, socmed, ig, ect ect. Air plane mode all day long. I still did check on my phone, set alarm, open dictionary, some time take a look on my phone's gallery, looking over funny pics on it (since most of them are memes) and memories I've captured. I loved taking pics, decorating my room, arranging my book shelf, making polarid photos and put it on my wall room.


I felt not okay lately, grief and scared mostly. So I decided to left my phone behind. I spent the whole 4 days watched movies, tv shows, cried over my fav fictional character (most of them are dead), invested in fictional characters live's, sobbed over my OTP love story, read books, study some time, did some workout (Well, you guys should know I wanna build up my phisical strength too). I also wrote and painted. Awoke all night and philosophizing before bed (which is my talent). And sorry not sorry:p I didn't text my friends about my decision of my no-phone-day, anyway. I assume they probably get worried why I didn't reply, even read their messages (chill guys xD).
I wanna get relax, enjoy my time, and get some fresh air. for me it wasn't a  big deal at all, my kinda no-phone-day. Well, there are some reasons about my decision to disappear and get rid of social medias for a while. 
First: the fact that socmed made me ungrateful enough upon blessing that God has given to me. I started highlighting over things that I didn't have instead of being grateful of things and blesses that I already get. I compared everything of my self to others, underestimate my own self, and forgot about simple little things that could make me happy. I know, I shouldn't have compared my self to others. I do realize we are all human with our own different power, strength, and flaw, even weakness. The worst part of socmed (espc ig, well I might used it unwisely:>), for me is the fact that other people seem have a perfect life, while me, my self is the one who hasn't a perfect life. Then after I spent my 4 days without phone, I realize life is perfectly imperfect, nobody has a perfect life. Sometimes life's unfair and sucks but life always worth to fight for. 
The next reason is socmed and stuff waste my time "I'll just check some updates on insta for a sec." I said to myself. And guess what??? Yes, I end up spend hours. Then obviously I couldn't sort out my priorities. Being a slave of socmed.


After I finished my kinda no-phone-day which is only 4 days, now I feel more fresh, more grateful, happier, more organized, ect ect. I feel much better in so many ways and feel more me rn. Alhamdulillah. 

For anyone who wish to decrease the burden on your shoulder. It might worth to try: stay away of social medias for a while, enjoy your time, be more grateful, and stop comparing yourself to others (Im not lecturing guys, just saying:)) 
Well of course, different traits have different ways to handle things and what works for me might not work for you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment