Thursday 25 June 2020

Perspective and point of view

It was a well spent evening at the ocean shore. Under the cloudly skies with no stars to stare at, I remember how you told me about your childhood. You laughed as you recalled those mischief memories about how you and your two friends messing around the neighborhood, knocking at doors then run away.
I could see perfectly how your dimples were curved.
you told me about your first time seeing a baseball match in Boston and someone from the bench above you spill her drinks on your white shirt.
You were laughing like a 5 yo kid as you recall those memories.

"Can I ask u something?" You said
"What? Yea sure."

Then you said something in french

"Oh cmon I did have french class in highschool but that doesn't mean Im that fluent." I said as I breath in the warm yet cold breeze of that evening air.
You laugh and mocked me cuz I had spent 3 years learn french in highschool yet Im still not fluent.

As the time passes by, I remember how you pointed out at the sky when a bird flew above us.

"I always wanted to be a bird." You said
"Well let me guess, you want freedom, just like that little bird having his own freedom, flying around without burden on his shoulder."
"Correct. Why you always know what Im thinking?" You smiled and moved your eyes toward the calm ocean waves.

"I have a super power, reading your mind haha. And one more thing, you want to see things from above so you could see in wider perspective. Big picture means better understanding." I exclaimed and I could totally understand what you were thinking.

"Yeah, when you see something in a bigger perspective, it'll make you realize that our judgement means nothing. Everything might be correct in our own perspective. That's why there's always 2 sides of a story. People see different things based on their own perspective." This time I could see how you effortlessly pour out your deep thoughts into a simple logic, unlike me who like to say things in tangled methaporical nonsense way haha.

"And also we will never know how they see things nor how they feel things until we walk in their shoes. walk the path they have traveled, live their sorrow, doubts, fear; feel their pain and laughter.” now you know what I mean by methaporical nonsense way, I always say things in complicated philosophical vague-meaning kind of way:) *is that even a word???

"Each and one of us has a different point of view. And that what makes us unique as an individual." Once again you succed in making a simple yet deep meaning statement. I always like listen to your story.

Things are a lil bit complicated and so are we, humans. With a little times the universe has given to us, somehow it doesn't make us learn and realize about all those beautiful little things yet we still argue over thing that has no soul.

It is true, sometimes we need to get away for a lil while to think, to contemplate, and to realize that life is simple. Beautiful. And full of meaning.

As the sun went down on the horizon, you told me how you were happy and enjoy the evening. And the idea of talking about things in my nonsense philosophical kind of way.

"You know what, I really like talking to you. I wish we could meet again some time." You said as you remembered you have flight to catch the next day in the morning to get back home across the continent.

It really was a meaningful and beautiful evening in the ocean shore. Now I have realized how precious time is and how things should be seen in a wider perspective. Upon things that I ponder, journey that I've walked in, I realize there's this one thing that should be placed in front of the line,
not to be judgemental,
For we never know what others have been through. Their pain, sorrow, tears and laughter.

Under the moonlight and the blink of the night stars I come to a point where I discover a treasure chest. I have noticed how the raging waves listen to the weather. And how the moon could never complain to the sun about its dazzled lights.

For the years to come, I wish you luck.


☆☆☆☆
P.s.

Those story above is based on my own experience with my canadian friend, who is very kind, funny, non-judgemental, and open-minded.  Im just adding a few methapor to make it worth reading:) Hope youre doing good and have fun doing kayak haha. And good luck learning ur japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment