Friday 5 June 2020

a few from the Camera Roll


beside all the madness, mean faces, and the traffic jam, Jakarta's just has a certain kind of feeling to it that makes you want to come back, even for just a moment-

It has been quite the busy and confusing past couple months for this one introvert. it has been a little past few weeks of doing my class online, a whole lot has changed, something is indeed never occur in my thought like ever, including how I found myself actually fell asleep few times during morning class in my very own bedroom in my house. so weird. I have been introduced to the term of quarantine, social distancing, zoom conference, online class and what soever this very year. again, so weird. but yea everything happens for a reason, this one pretty much is because of the corona outbreak:) 

It is now my second year in college and throughout my normal days at the campus (the good old days without the outbreak) I have been given so much time to enjoy myself and spend my time alone but this past few months I've managed to a lil bit resist my introverted tendencies of being exhausted by people and crowd, and instead I found myself few times going out, seeing the city lights, visiting new places, and doing things. life always has a funny way to surprise me, in a good beautiful way. the month of November alone has filled with laughter and exciting things and moments worth remembering.

Gultik

November was the month I got to finally try Gultik for the first time. for a long while I've heard about this famous jakarta street food here and there. my friends and I managed to get there after class. we delightfully enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere of the midnight breeze of Jakarta. the place itself was on the sidewalk and there were lot of other people too, enjoying their late night meal.

Plaza Indonesia, Jakarta

also November was the very first time I actually did a late night riding around Jakarta with my friends. Enjoyed the city lights and the skyscraper view along the way. it wasn't a night full of stars, it was cloudy but the atmosphere and the cold midnight-breeze of Jakarta were a perfect jar to pour out all my imaginations, dreams, and thoughts. it was like a fairy tale that bubbling above my head all the way long. I wish I brought my notes and wrote it down all my random thoughts and ideas. when it's above midnight, there always come a deep talk conversation and actually a perfect time to contemplate life.

being the night owl that I am, I practically always get the exciting feeling when plans converge and I end up doing my to-do-list, that pretty much is an achievement for me. but today I don't feel like I wanna check my to list notes and now I find myself trying to write something out of nowhere in blog after installing an app for my saturday class which probably took an hour. well I kinda consider it as a day off after days of sleepless night and tiring days.

Fireworks and new year's eve

at the start of January and the last night of December, I end up far from home in the middle of the night with my friends. New year eve 2020, was the time I found myself watching the new year's eve fireworks in the midst of Jakarta, along the street of Sudirman-Thamrin. beside the rainy night of January first, the fireworks was still amazing and had a pleasant kind of feeling of those nostalgic childhood where I always went to the city with my papa in the middle of the night just to watch the sparkling sky of fireworks in new year's eve.

Selamat Datang Monument, also known as Bundaran HI Monument

beside all the madness, mean faces, and the traffic jam, Jakarta's just has a certain kind of feeling to it that makes you want to come back, even for just a moment-- for the story, for the conversation and for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment