Monday 25 February 2019

Classics;

as the saying goes
all roads lead to Rome
but Rome is also where the visit to Greece begins
it is from Rome that the minds longs to travel
away to that outpost of cultural order in the midst of wild nature
high on a mountainside in a rugged and lonely part of Arcadia
speculating and pondering: which is the greatest show on Earth?
(classics; chapter 8)



maybe; o maybe I was a Roman
or maybe I was not
I looked east and east
there lied my origin
as the sun went down in the west
I ran throughout the ancient world
collecting words and poems
along with its ancient myth
beneath the cloudless bluish-sky
it became a place where my mind could wander

from the life of Roman Empire 
till the rise of Byzantine
through the centuries
only one I could never leave
Greece it is

No comments:

Post a Comment